- Over 70% of employees do not think that they are strongly fulfilling their job role.
- Around 68% of workers said training and development is the most important workplace policy..
- 8% of companies use Massive open online course (MOOCs) for their employee's training in 2015
- In 2015 more than 350 companies cooperate with Coursera and Udacity
to identify the best students that would probably make the best possible candidates for relevant jobs.
- A person with a four-year college degree earns 80% more than a high school graduate.
- A person with a masterís degree earns more than twice what a high school graduate does.
- The supply of teachers is failing to keep pace with the demand for primary education.
According to projections from the UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS), the world needs to:
- Create 1.7 million additional primary teaching positions by 2015 to achieve universal primary education (UPE);
- Replace 5.1 million teachers who will leave the profession;
- Hire a total of 6.8 million teachers to provide for every childís right to primary education by 2015.
- Executives spend 108 minutes daily reading and sending e-mail
- 73% of people have misrepresented information on a resume
- Southwest Airlines hires around 4% of 90,000 people who apply each year
- 33% of workers say they could do their job better if they had more training
- Without use and practice, people forget 25% of what they know in 6 hours and 33% within 24 hours.
- 50% of employee skills without continuous training become outdated in 3 to 5 years.
- 40% of money used for training is spent on travel costs.
- For every $1 spent on training, there will be $30 in productivity gains in 3 years (Motorola).
- Without use and practice, most people forget 25% of what they know in 6 hours and 33% within 24 hours.
- Less than 20% of the knowledge of employees available to a company is used.
- 40% of all new executives fail within 1.5 years.
- 70% of what people know about their jobs come informally and through the people they work with.
- Approximate 40% of a professionalís time is spent looking for information.
- Around 50% of CEOs hold their jobs less than 3 years.
- SAP makes 11% of its annual revenue on training
- Workers who have good training and professional development paths have average 13% turnover; workers who donít have learning and growth opportunities have average 40% turnover.
- A no-college degree employee can have a job starting $28,350 and will get a maximum $79,150 salary while a 4-year-college degree employee can have a salary starting at $51,250 and can get up to a $130,600 salary.
- When a professional is performing poorly, training is the answer.
- While the adult education program, which is designed for adults, teaches basic remedial lessons, continuing education is for adults to further their existing education.
- People can make much more money by earning a college degree; a person with a Bachelor's degree will earn, on average, almost twice as much as workers with a high school diploma.
- More than half (57%) of teachers hold master's degrees; however, this teaching profession has an average national starting salary of $30,377 while computer programmers start at an average of $43,635, public accounting professionals at $44,668, and registered nurses at $45,570.
- Per a survey results provided by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, an English professor has an average salary of $43.50 per hour while a dentist and a nuclear engineer only make $33.34 and $36.16 per hour
- Teachers spend an average of 50 hours per week on instructional duties, including an average of 12 hours each week on non-compensated school-related activities such as grading papers, bus duty, and club advising.
- Almost 50 percent of new teachers leave the profession during the first five years of teaching, and 37 percent of teachers who do not plan to continue teaching until retirement blame low pay for their decision to leave the profession.
- All athletic trainers have a bachelorís degree from an
accredited college or university; they are mid-level professionals equivalent to physical, occupational, speech, language and other similar
- Athletic trainers know and practice the medical arts at the professional standards, and 70% of them have a masterís or doctorate degree..
Podiatric Physicians are the major providers of foot care services, providing 39 percent of all foot care while orthopedic physicians provide 13 percent;
all other physicians provide 37 percent, and physical therapists and others provide 11 percent. There are about 13,320 doctors of podiatric medicine actively in practice in the United States
- Top 5 Degrees for 2013:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration,
Bachelor's Degree in Forensic and Criminal Science,
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting,
Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, and
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- 10 Business Schools With the Most Full-Time Applicants
- Should You Head Back To Business School?
- How to Choose a College.
- In the Economic Recovery, College Majors Matter.
- Average drop-out rates for online courses is 50% to 75% for voluntary courses